Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I get my betta, I'm hoping to name him a Thai name to heed his origins. Any suggestions that mean something (I was thinking 'fire', or 'sun') would be helpful.

But since it would be selfish to open a forum like this and use it for my benefit only, I want everyone to post their favourite betta names here and hopefully people can come to get ideas for their new fish.

My ideas:
-Naming your betta in another language, like I am, can sound really cool and mean something to you.

-When I was little I adored giving my fish goofy names like Google, Frank, and Alf. Naming a fish like this will make you smile when you think about it!

Hopefully this will help people, so come on, I want to hear your great ideas!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou~

I think I might consider Tawan, it sounds pretty :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
my female bettas are
Arianna - pale pink body with purple blue fins
Elektra - Dark blue body and fins

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have a comic book theme going on here. My significant other's Betta is named Hellboy. My first Betta was named Abe (for Abe Sapien); he died, and I named my next one Kroenen.

My latest, his name is Ozymandias.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My very first betta was called Patrick. My brother and I gave names like Patrick, Jeeves, Rupert to our fish.

My latest two were named after Supernatural (Dean and Sammy, the original Sam died)

I plan on naming the two girls Lilith and Ruby (or Meg, I'm not sure)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Ohhh another Supernatural fan!

I have a boy named Castiel. I also had Anna, Azazel, and Lilith but they died.

I don't think I could name any of my Betta after the Winchester boys though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've recently been reading comic books like mad, and bought a blue fish just so I could name him after the most badass character I could find - Thor. Well, he was badass until he got together with Valkyrie in The Ultimates 3. >_>; Now my fish is much more badass than the comic book character.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'm naming my next girlie Samurai. :D No stealing! :p JK

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Haha!! Yeah, I have a fish name Jello Bites. My sister named him while we were waiting in line at walmart. I started laughing SO loud. :D So, his name is Jello Bites. :)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
i hadmine for a while and i just let the names come to me so, i finally named all of my boys........... look down, lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
A wonderful website for all your naming needs is behindthename.com. THOUSANDS of names, all catagorized. Have fun looking :p I always need help chosing, since they're so many choices.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I like babynames.com too. That is where I found Ivy's name. I searched small, I think. :)

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Normally I just name the fish by looking at them, and a name pops up that I think suits them. I don't like colour based names. If I name it something in another language, it has to be one that i know. Otherwise it seems pointless ot me...no offence.

With the exception of Gloria (one of the forumers picked her name out), I named all of my fish this way. I might need help with my black guy too, I was thinking of Etoile or Roderick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts