Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need suggestions for cool tricks for a betta. The contest gives out for the grand winner a 500 dollar petsmart gift card. First prize gets 150 dollars and a 15 gallon fish tank. Search the contest. Ends july 2014.

Give me suggestions and how to train the betta to do so.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean suggestions for tricks, and how long it would take for them to learn.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Hmm... For fish, food is ALWAYS the best motivation. Some things that come to mind: "maze memory", pushing an object through a hoop (as seen on some advertisement for a goldfish and a mini soccer net lol), going through hoops, jumping...

I find it also depends on the fish. Some of mine have a longer attention span than the others.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do most of them as planning for the breed. I sell the rest of the spawn to this website, eBay, or aqua vid. My parents do not want me to feed my betta insects. They said if I fed it anymore, then my betta would be killed. Help me for the main question and the sup questions that come with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give me suggetions asap i need it to win the card so i can have more bettas and their tanks. Please help me with this.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Hmmm.... Use tweezers, with food. You can try to guide him through an "obstacle course", making sure to do it once a day to get repetition. Use the same tweezers, same treat. Such items you can use for an obstacle course: Clear tube, plastic bracelets for "hoops", etc.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guided him through the hoop with betta pellets today by using a broken betta cup top and cutting it to the biggest length, then putting it smaller.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
To deal with the food problem, turn feeding time into training time. Two things in one without overfeeding

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good idea. I know never to do anything that your pet doesn't want to. Plus my betta jumped out of the cup. (My dad swatted the fly, breaking the cup(fortunately there is now betta in here) After he junped. i picked him up from the cup and put him in the tank. I cleaned all the water and planned to clean 25% of the water.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How high can a betta jump (Prevent the fish from jumping)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bettalover4life, you can do a funny thing with neptune. Just make him flare at something, make a dramatic but realistic scream and drop the object the betta is falring at when he attacks it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
For jumping out of the water you could use the end of a Popsicle stick and put food on it. You could hold it a little out of the water and have your betta try to get it. Then raise the stick of food higher each time and if he knows there's food on it, he'll jump higher.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
:lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts