Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That is intresting. He tries to follow my toy fishes and tries to attack them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hello

mabe train him to do something useful like when you put cup in water he swims into it so you dont have to stress him out during cleaning/100%water change time. i am currently training Pavo. i am teaching him to follow my finger right now then i will work on the getting into cup thing. i can update you if you want?
i have already taught him to jump and follow my finger but i only got him on 2014,5,13 LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Pavo did it today!yay!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did it work? And how about teaching it to play soccer? Goldfish always play it on YouTube. That would be awesome. Or teach it to nudge a basketball into a little hoop. Basketballs can be super small ping pong balls, and hoop pipe cleaner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i have a hoop pipe cleaner. And is it too big for the tank?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Follow the Finger
Put your finger outside of the tank near your betta fish. When/if he responds and moves towards it you should reward him with some food or bloodworms. If he doesn't-shake your finger to get his attention. Then move your finger to different sides of the tank and give him a treat when he follows. Then move your finger in more different directions, if he follows it, reward him again. Just repeat until he does.

Sorry if I can only enter once. :c

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Swimming Through a Hoop
For swimming through a hoop, you need to have taught him the follow the finger trick first. Use a pipe cleaner to make the hoop. You should hang the hoop on the side of the tank so it touches, so the betta can see your finger when you teach him. Put your finger on the tank and slide it 'through' [on the side of the tank] the hoop. Give a treat/reward when he swims through it. Just do this until it's got it down, then whenever you put a hoop in the water he'll swim through it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Flaring on Command [follow the finger on the page before btw]
For flaring on command, just take a small mirror on the side of the tank and put your finger next to it so your betta can see it. When he flares, reward him. Keep doing this until you can take the mirror down and it'll just flare at your finger.

Also, where is this contest? o-o

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
awesome Bailmint, I have to teach my girl these things now

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I do that. He comes to me. And i invented a perfect betta toy. It is an easter egg(plastic) with two holes. I then hole punched the egg. Afterwards i then put the treat in there. The betta smells it and goes and attacks it, making the food come out. My mom will take me to petsmart soon. And i will make a diy filter (sponge) and a heater and food to replace the soon to be expired food.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It is online. For info: http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/contests/funniest-pet-contest.html
Link for entering/entry(one per category, so choose the betta that learns easily if possiable.): http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/pet-contest-enter/

You must read all info. I guarantee NO liabilty for losing due to failure to read rules.
Rules: One minute long or less(60 seconds or so)
Original and not Photoshoped
Must not be filmed 3 years from the contest(April 10,2014)
Originality/Creativity: 60%, video shooting skills: 40%. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Also, i am 13, so your kids that have bettas can film it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Thanks BlueLacee c:

Good, reward him. And thanks, I'm going to see if I can train Atlas a little more for the contest. He knows how to do the hoop and finger but that's about it [merely], since he learns the fastest. Can you do more than one trick in the video?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Yes, just has to be in the one minute slot.
NOTE: The 2 gallon betta tank that national geographic made will be where he thrives with a heater if i win 2nd place. Bettas are original, dogs are not.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Cool, what's second place prize?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts