Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do 50-75% water changes every day, so how often should I do 100% water changes? Should I ever do 100% water changes?

Some Information:

My betta is in a constantly heated (kept at a stable 81 degrees F), 1/2 gallon bowl. I do 50-75% water changes daily and vaccum out dust/waste/uneaten food every day.

(I know the size of the bowl is too small, I intend to get a much bigger one soon)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You probably don't need to do 100% changes if you're doing 50%+ every day.

Sounds like you're doing a good job of keeping your water clean! That's the hardest part of keeping a fish but the most important.

The bigger tank you get the more wiggle room you get in terms of water changes. Though you're likely changing out more water and doing more physical work with larger changes the time between changes is a lot less. When I had one betta in my 10g it was one 50% change in a week which is a breeze compared to what I do now ^_^

·
Super Moderator
23,872 Posts
Get the biggest tank you can afford/have room for when you upsize. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. :)

Plus, as Kithy said, the bigger the tank the easier the maintenance and I'm all for easier. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.