Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. First time poster, long time lurker :smile2:

I need help identifying the plants that I got. I have a clean version and another with numbers for everybody's convenience. I did some research (and tried to remember what my LFS told me) and I have listed them down below. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you in advance for this and for all the information that I have been learning from the forums!

1. Amazon Sword
2. Ludwigia Needle Leaf (green leaves on the top and faint red leaves on the bottom)
3. Ludwigia Broad Leaf (I think. Same leaf coloration as the Needle Leaf)
4. Java Fern (which are starting to grow little bulbs with stems on the leaves)
5. I have no idea :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

#5 Tropical fern from the looks of it. I have a couple in my tank as well. They were plants from Petco that came in a plastic tube and the label only states tropical fern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#5 Tropical fern from the looks of it. I have a couple in my tank as well. They were plants from Petco that came in a plastic tube and the label only states tropical fern.
Thank you. I googled “tropical fern aquarium plant” and it looks like it’s also called the Java Fern which I have as #4. Does yours have broad leaves? The java fern looks like they are a little slimmer and does not look like a spade shape.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Tropical Fern

Java Ferns have slimmer leaves but there are other ferns in a tropical fern category so I checked the tube mine came in and it says El-Nino fern Its a Tropicana marketed Tube plant snail free. Slow growing and low to moderate light. No CO2 needed, but does require a good substrat or flourish (weekly) to really grow well. If you look to the right hand corner of my tank you will see it.

https://www.bettafish.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=958468&stc=1&d=1545654534

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Java Ferns have slimmer leaves but there are other ferns in a tropical fern category so I checked the tube mine came in and it says El-Nino fern Its a Tropicana marketed Tube plant snail free. Slow growing and low to moderate light. No CO2 needed, but does require a good substrat or flourish (weekly) to really grow well. If you look to the right hand corner of my tank you will see it.
Thank you! That is exactly what I have too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts