Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Great advice you were given. It sounds like you are on the right track. And as the PP said, you absolutely need to cover his bowl, and do not leave any gaps that are larger than about 1/4 inch. It's amazing their jumping precision and what they will try to fit through. My female jumped out of her tank through a tiny hole in her lid about 1/2 inch big. It was at least a half hour before I discovered she was missing. When I found her, in the dustiest corner of my house, I thought she was dead. Her fins were dried and stuck to the floor, but when I picked her up, she started wiggling. I was lucky, and she lived, but most are not so lucky.
Oh, and also, make sure any decorations you have don't have any tiny holes that he could get stuck in. They are very unaware of their size, and many have gotten stuck and drowned (don't forget that they breathe air from the surface) trying to fit in tiny little holes in decorations.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.