Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,932 Posts
I hope this doesn't sound rude or harsh, but Sam does not think it's funny to scare your Guppies. He is exhibiting normal curiousity.

The biggest roadblock to understanding critter behavior is to anthropomorphize. I see it a lot on this forum and had to deal with it on a daily basis before I retired as a canine behaviorist/trainer. To be fair to our pets we have to accept of their reactions and behaviors for what they are and not how we perceive them in human terms. Sorry, my soapbox.

Do you have a lot of plants as has been often suggested? Can you post a photo of the whole tank?

Turn the lights off in the aquarium and let the Guppies settle down. Wait two or three hours before you turn it back on.

When adding new fish always float the bag in the tank with the lights off and leave them off a couple of hours.

·
Super Moderator
22,932 Posts
You might not be a plant killer; you may have just bought plants that weren't right for your water parameters. You know all those "easy" plants? Well, I can't grow quite a few of them. :frustrated:

You should buy one Anubias and let it float in your tank. Sam will love it. Then when you are confident you could get either another Anubias or a plant that floats like Java Moss. After you see how well those are growing try a rooted plant like a Sword. Those, however, do need fertilizer capsules placed under them.

It will turn you into a plant fanatic. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts