Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Currently I have a double tail and a mystery snail living together in a 3 gal, and my friend is willing to give me his 10 gal. I was wondering what fish I could add, if any. My betta isn't aggressive btw

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ideas (pick one)...

A school of tetras (research your species before buying!)
A school of dwarf rasboras (some other rasboras might work too)
Several platies
A few ADFs
Guppies if you want to risk it... they can set off bettas' alarm bells
Probably a school of zebra danios would be okay, but might end up as a snack
A shoal of pygmy or habrosus cories
Celestial Pearl Danios
Shrimp!
Certain species of barbs... they're not all as nippy as Tigers, but you have to have a sufficient school of them and you need to research the species first

See anything you like?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Most tetras get to big and need more room. But embers, neons, and a few other small types are good. Most dwarf rasboras arent hardy and need a planted tank with a person with a lot of knowledge. Platys get to large and are very messy for a 10 gallon. Guppies will be fine, but better in a 20 gallon. Zebra danios are much to active for a 10. Dwarf cory varieties can be very sensitive. Celestials can be very sensitive as well. Barbs, many get much to large. dwarfs would be good, but again usually a little sensitive.

It will be filtered and heated, right? What about planted?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you can keep the temperature at a fairly exact level you can also do white cloud mountain minnows. But white clouds like cooler water, and bettas warmer so you'd only have a couple degrees that they are both happy at. If you have a cool room, and a heater that can keep your tank between 75 and 77 degrees though, they are really fun fish. They are schooling, so get at least 5, and I don't think there is room in a 10 for more than 6, since they are active fish.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you do plants, the options are MUCH greater.
Posted via Mobile Device
I really can't think of that many options for a 10 gallon tank that real plants make a huge difference for. I can think of several that need stuff to hide behind, but most of them are fine with silk plants.

OF course, most fish 'like' having real plants over fake ones, but not to the point of not being able to keep the fish outside of a planted tank.

What were you thinking of?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
All the sensitive nano stuff, chili rasboras, celestial pearl danios, embers(not really sensitive), dwarf cories some other dwarf things. Cuz in a planted tank levels are USUALLY much more stable and you have better water quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.