Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally gave in and bought my 3rd (and final) betta :3 Since I have 2 boys, I decided on a female - and I always wanted to raise a baby. I finally fell in love with one and brought her home from work ^_^

She's hard to photograph, but she's like a green-blue iridescent female (looking like a VR) with blue, red-pink tail fin and red-pink pectoral fins. And she's around an inch long.

She's had vertical black lines on her since I've bought her. I've been told their stress lines, but would like more opinions about it. She's a very active and curious betta, and she's been eating great since I've gotten her so I don't think she'd be stressed. I've never had females before so I'm new to female betta behavior.

·
Registered
102 Posts
She's cute :-D I also have a single female and now two males. When I bought her from Wal-Mart she hadno color and had those lines too. She was very active and ate more than normal ( she's my little fatty, I watch how much I feed her but she stays thick anyways). Her color didn't start to show up until two or three days later but I would still see those stripes now and then. She gets them whenever I do water changes or mostly when she is asleep. If I turn the light on at night I see her very pale and with those stripes but I'm pretty sure it's normal. The color returns and the stripes fade as she brcomes active. I say you should just give her time to settle in and leave her alone for a while so that she can relax a bit. My girl loves attention and I've cought her watching us a bunch of times, she just swims up to the glass and stares. Every fish is different though and maybe your girl is just a bit shy and gets nervous when you get near her. Give her time and patience and soon she'll be all good.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Those look like baby lines not stress to me. She will color up more as she matures. Beautiful girl!! Females are lots of fun. They can be sassy, feisty and have lots of personality. My oldest female thinks she is a little rocket swimming all over but doesn't hesitate to tell you who's boss either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This female of mine, she is SOOOO feisty! LOL She seems very aggressive:) She has a wonderful, in your face personality!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
aww she's so cute :) hmm, I'm not that creative so my names probably won't be good. but anyways.. Here's some name ideas!

Zippy, Sassy, Pebbles, Bubbles, Bluey, Cutie, Blue, Ombre ,(Because her body is blue then once you get to her tail it fades out to pink) and the last one I can think of is Baby. Sorry my names aren't good, but I hope you got some ideas!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aww she's so cute :) hmm, I'm not that creative so my names probably won't be good. but anyways.. Here's some name ideas!

Zippy, Sassy, Pebbles, Bubbles, Bluey, Cutie, Blue, Ombre ,(Because her body is blue then once you get to her tail it fades out to pink) and the last one I can think of is Baby. Sorry my names aren't good, but I hope you got some ideas!
Thanks! :3 I saw her & had to have her! Love watching her grown and she's quite the adventurer in her tank, and she's quite feisty! Thanks for the name suggestions! I actually thought about calling her Baby! I think I'm leaning towards Zoey ^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts