Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I recently brought home a new female HMPK female Betta. She was put into a 5 gallon, planted tank with 3 shrimp and a snail in there with her. I have noticed that all she does all day is glass surf! She is a very curious little gal, comes and checks out anything I put near or in the tank. She eats very well and isn’t scared of anything. She completely ignores her tank mates unless they move around a lot, and even then she just curiously swims up to check it out. No agression whatsoever. She also takes about 20-30 second breaks to breath or swim a lap around the tank. I’ve had my water checked (everything is fine), I’ve tried to keep my tank light off, but she tends to prefer it on and she’s got a hiding place and lots of leaves to swim around, but she is glued to the glass. The tank is very exposed with three sides out in the open. I’m wondering if I need to be worried about this taking a toll on her health or if she just needs time to adjust and outgrow it? It’s been almost a week of the same behaviour. Any other suggestions on how to help calm her down would be great!
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,728 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

My advice is to give her time to settle in. They can have all sorts of behaviors as they get used to life outside of a cup. Sometimes they don't eat, sometimes glass surf, hide, etc.

·
Registered
Mr.B, Wrangler, Primo, Omega, Susan, Julies, Jacques, Tiger, Poppy, Prince, Pepper, and Pumpkin.
586 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

My advice is to give her time to settle in. They can have all sorts of behaviors as they get used to life outside of a cup. Sometimes they don't eat, sometimes glass surf, hide, etc.
yes, by the way the tank looks good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts