Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the little guy in his new 10 gallon planted tank! Looking for help giving him a name!

It's a pretty simple hardscape and planting, as I've never done one before.
He is very active and swimming all over the tank.
I'm waiting on my intake sponge and extra filter sponges to help slow the water flow more, but he actually seems to enjoy riding the current.

Let me know any suggestions, please!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m going to get a koi betta. Yours looks like a koi. He’ll probably marble very well. I was thinking Picasso or maybe Van Gough. That’s what I’m going to name my koi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah I fell in love with the Koi Bettas. He was listed as a Koi Male Betta.

Not sure if there are any other more defined names for this type of betta. Looking at pictures he looks like a Koi Halfmoon Plakat to me.

I ended up naming the little guy Gillbert!

He's doing very well, coloring up very nicely after only a couple of days in his new 10 gallon home!

Edited for typos.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I fell in love with the Koi Bettas. He was listed as a Koi Male Betta.

Not sure if there are any other more defined names for this type of betta. Looking at pictures he looks like a Koi Halfmoon Plakat to me.

I ended up naming the little guy Gillbert!

He's doing very well, coloring up very nicely after only a couple of days in his new 10 gallon home!

View attachment 1016615

Edited for typos.
Awwww Gilbert is such a cute name and it suits him very well. He’s such a pretty fish! You’re lucky to have each other

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wait a week or 2 till you discover his personality.

I called my giant Asmodeus because when it comes to tank mates he is a prince of hell. He attacks my hand if I put it in the tank even thermometers are not safe and water change time is great fun with him attacking the hose all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts