Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flower Plant Houseplant Petal Terrestrial plant

I got a beta a week ago from a pet store, he’s in a 5 1/2 gallon planted fish tank. I haven’t seen him eat in the week Ive had him and in the past three days he has been staying at the bottom of the tank. The water is at about 75 degrees and the nitrite nitrate and ammonia are all at zero according to a test I did last night. I have also tried two different kinds of food, a flake and a pellet. I was just wondering if anyone knew what could be wrong with him or how to troubleshoot whatever is wrong.

·
Registered
Flash
1,010 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum! What a beautiful betta you have!!!!

I would try upping his temp a few degrees, slowly. Bettas are tropical and do best in water that is 78 to 80 degrees.

Sometimes it takes a little while for a betta to settle in. He may still be getting used to his new environment.

I would also recommend soaking some pellets in garlic juice. You can find cut garlic in jars in most grocery stores. Just soak some pellets in the water that the garlic is in, and see if he will go for it. Garlic is often used for picky eaters and provides an immune boost to the fish.

For food, I would recommend trying some frozen daphnia or brine shrimp. For pellets, Omega One betta buffet, New Life Spectrum Therra A+ that is laced with garlic, or maybe North Fin betta pellets. Fluval Bug Bites are also good. All of these mentioned have high protein and low amounts of fillers.

Hope this helps!!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts