Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey OK So i have just set up my tank and am about to go to bed (its very late where I live) I am going to run the filter and heater for the rest of the week and get the fish on sunday and I need some help is this all ok:

I have a 1.5 gallon (I no its small its just till I can afford a 5 gallon im only 13)
with heater and filter
I have a thermometer
a fake plant that is soft
and a little cave with big openings
and gravel
The two foods I have
are new life spectrum ciclid formula
and jbl novo betta mini flakes
and this is my plan:
2 50% water changes a week one just normal and one using stir and dip method to clean gravel
and to switch between the two foods so pellets one day flakes the next and fast on sunday (I was going to have bloodworms freeze dried or froze but my mum wont allow it i dont know why) is this an ok plan I could use your advice and expertise

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to the Forum.

Your set up sounds nice! Any betta would love that!

I would stay away from the flakes you bought. The NLS pellets are good as long as they are small... I haven't seen the cichlid formula. They make an NLS betta formula too.
I would return the flakes if you have not opened them yet. Flaked food can lead to constipation, also stay away from freeze-dried. You could get frozen blood worms!

Water changes sound great! Looks like you have done your research!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi! Welcome! I'll add my voice to everyone else's and agree that your set up look great. I'm happy that there is someone on here who is the same age as me!

If you really want bloodworms(Perfect betta treats), than tell your mom that the betta will love them, you might be able to train him to do tricks with them, and that they are good for bettas.(Not as a staple diet.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts