Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this Betta today (nameless for now because I'm tossing up between Andre or Fabio). In a way I kind of rescued him? He was in a shelf set up at the pet shop where his tank got most of the off run from the other tanks, plus his tail was often getting sucked into the filter.
His tank was just labelled with 'Siamese Fighting Fish' like all the other bettas on the shelves but the clearly weren't all the same breed as some hard more fanned out, frilly tails while others had the "dumbo eared" fins.

I have pictures of him below. . . Sorry that they aren't flaring photos. I tried to get him to flare but he's too mellow :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm not really good with colours or tail-types since I'm still learning, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say he's a Marble Mustard Gas Vail-Tail possibly a Delta, can't really tell unless he's flared, but the way he holds his tail in the photos looks like a Delta.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
He's a Betta splenden. ;) There aren't different breeds, just different tail and color variations.

He's a veiltail. As for color.. It's not my strong suit, but I'd say mustard gas. Definitely do not take my word for it. Someone else who knows their stuff will confirm or correct me.

PS. He looks like a Fabio to me.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I wouldn't call him an MG personally, but you can make a case for it. Suppose you can get away by saying he's a bad MG. Lil's not around lately :( genuinely curious...

But he's gorgeous either way! Congrats on your new addition :) x

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
He cannot technically be a MG. He does not have the black band around his fins. I'd say a Yellow Butterfly Salamander w/ Irid. :3

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Oohhh.... He looks quite different from the betta seen above. I dunno what you'd call him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts