Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this little guy in my store about 5 weeks back and thought he was cute she I put him in the back fo a few days. He was watched by me do the betta water changes and I couldn’t resist! He is in a 3.5 with live plants for now. I couldn’t think of a name so he’s being called Buddy right now. Lol. My other guy is across the room and he knows he’s there. B.J is special though as he probably has a tumour. So he gets the fully planted 5 gallon. Finally I found a fish vet that will look at him though. Yay!

So, here’s a picture of the new guy. He’s a “twin” or “double” tail. He isn’t perfect, he’s so cute though. The picture on the top left is when I first got him and the picture on the bottom right is now. He’s changed a lot! Do you guys think he will change more? He is still young. Also is his colouring called anything in particular or just a mash up? Lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,254 Posts
He's gorgeous. He's either a multi-color or marble. Sometimes it's difficult for me to tell which is which.

Personally, I don't see why he isn't perfect. Looks it to me. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, if you like / love / enjoy him ... what does "perfect" even mean? 2 retail stores have mentioned to me how "common bettas" just don't sell... I don't even know what that means. Most of my girls have short fins, or they're Koi colored -- am I supposed to **not** like them for some reason? I see Bettas from breeders on line for up to $100 sometimes -- and they ARE pretty... But since I got into homing Bettas, I've come to know they have personalities, and they bring me lots of Joy. So I say forget the "perfect" word, and just love the ones you got!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts