Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bunch of new bettas today!
7 boys and about 9 girls!

I am kind of giving them names as I go along. I have named one of the boys and gotten a few pics so I'll share him with you all. So stay tuned for more!

Meet Frost! Named after a character in a book series I read.
The dark spots on his tail are actually a really pretty blue.

·
Registered
722 Posts
He's cute :D

You're the second person in the past couple days at least who has gotten mass numbers of bettas at once. :D

Are you doing divided tanks? Sounds like you will have a few sororities too. :D

Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a nice sorority going now. I'm really happy with it. Added new girls and have been watching them. Everything seems to be going well. All the new girls have accepted my Freydis as Queen of the tank.
I do have divided tanks and two littler tanks that I am calling my hospital tanks. I have a female in one and a male in the other.

Just named my new Giant!
Meet Uther.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have named the boy in the hospital tank Barinthus. I'll try to get pictures of him in the morning. He's there because he was acting a little off. He seems ok, but I'm playing it safe with my new lovelies.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Introducing my new blue marble, Barinthus!
He is currently in a hospital tank because he has been seeming a little under the weather. He is eating but seems almost depressed in a way. These pictures were taken today when I cupped him to clean his hospital tank.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. ^_^ These are just the new ones that I've named so far. lol I can certainly share a couple pictures of my tanks. They aren't the best pictures though.

Pics 1 and 2 are Hannibal and his 3.5 gallon.
The third pic is of my Sorority.
Hannibal's tank has a filter and heater. His only decorations are a hiding barrel decoration and a floating live anubias.
The sorority has a hiding barrel decoration, a circular flower/coral decoration, and a head hiding decoration. A lot off silk plants. Live plants: 1 anubias, several floating water wisteria, a large amount of java moss left to float.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gwynfor's 5 gallon:
This is a hawkeye view tank. Has white and blue LED lights with 3 settings. Filter and heater, of course. He has a hiding decoration with giant snail on it and a small fake plant attached. Two fake purple plants. He also has a very large floating anubias and some floating water wisteria. His gravel is neon green so his tank has a bit of a psychedelic look.

Hospital tank 1:
This has a little java moss and a hiding "pot". I left it sparse due to frequent water changes.

Hospital tank 2:
Has gravel, some java moss, and a hiding "pot". Left sparse for frequent water changes.

Divided 10 gal for Leo, Egil, and Odin:
Leo and Odin have a hiding turtle. Egil has a bridge. Each one has a floating anubias. Egil and Odin also have a silk plant each.

Divided 10 gal with Uther and Frost:
Uther has a Japanese "little" house. Also has a floating fake plant he seems to like to rest in. Frost has silk plants and a bridge.

Divided 10 gal with 4 males:
Each has a hiding spot and some java moss.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some more pics. Not all of these guys have names yet though. Still working on that. lol

Pic 1: My sorority. Here you can see one of my dragon HM sisters (I believe Freydis) and my new orange HMPK female. Loving her color.
Pic 2: Blurry pic of the orange HMPK female. She wont hold still.
Pics 3 & 4: New male. Yet to be named.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some more.

Pic 1: Unnamed male. Was a bit stressed from his trip and has remained a bit stressed though is coloring back up.
Pic 2: Same male. I am regrowing his tail.
Pic 3: Unnamed.
Pic 4: Same unnamed betta. Has colored up since this pic. I'll try to get more later.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And more pics. lol I have quite a few. Going through them and finding some halfway decent ones.

Pic 1: Unnamed female who just about never holds still.
Pic 2: Same unnamed female.
Pic 3: Same female.
Pic 4: Same female with another unnamed female and Fflur in background.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still sorting through my pictures. lol I got so many the other day.

Pic 1: Unnamed female. I think this one came out ok.
Pic 2: Unnamed blue female.
Pic 3: Unnamed blue female with Unnamed orange HMPK female.
Pic 4: An Unnamed blue female.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Nice fish! :D How many females are in your sorority?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At the moment, there are 11. If my salamander girl pulls through whatever it is she is going through, I am thinking about splitting them between 2 10 gallons. Right now my sorority is a 10 gallon that is both heated and filtered. It is cycled and has live plants (anubias, water wisteria, and java moss) There are so many hiding places, that I often don't see some of my girls for hours. lol They do like to come greet me and beg for food though.
I have had no problems with nipping since adding the new girls. My original three have taken it in stride. Freydis is still queen of the tank but Eva is no longer the bottom of the totem pole. There has been some posturing, but no nipping,.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.