Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I just purchases a Blue/Orange Crowntail today. He is young he's name is "Flash"and he's flaring with spunk. As soon as I let him go in the his new home he flared at me and pretty told me lol..."Back off" it was awesome.. But he's showing he's stuff the tank and exploring the new pad.. I tried to get some good picture.. enjoy

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
lol Bettas have such attitude. They act like they deserve anything they want. :)

Beautiful fish! I have been looking for one that color, where did you find him?

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I agree. They truly do have a ton of testosterone pumping through their body when flaring at themselves mostly. MG Ct's seem to be my favorite besides the HMPK MG's. His fins are very even.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
He is so pretty! haha that is so funny! my newbie wont flare :(

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
He is so pretty and funny!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone :D... Aluyasha yeah he does and I found him at my LPS... Bettalover yup they do couldn't believe he did that lol,but I'm glad he was in good condition too ... Karebear thanks and was funny to me too.. don't worry your will show some spunk ...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Very pretty guy!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
well I bought it from http://www.herpsupplies.com/ under betta supplies.. they have a whole a lot stuff for betta their.. Even though it's a reptile website.. still a good site...
interesting...I may be looking into it.
If anything, I may get a birdy mirror to put outside the tank.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I read online reviews about your mirror, it seems as tho it has some sharp edges and cuts the poor fishys. If I were you, I'd return it. Sowwies :'(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well it could be right,but if they're kept more then 5 mins they might be a chance of the betta getting hurt... minimum of 3 min shouldn't hurt add least in my opinion....I guess I won't keep it long in the water...

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
well it could be right,but if they're kept more then 5 mins they might be a chance of the betta getting hurt... minimum of 3 min shouldn't hurt add least in my opinion....I guess I won't keep it long in the water...
Is it possible you could mount it on the outside?
Maybe replace the floaty with a suction cup/stick it to the outside.
Ill be getting a birdy mirror and doing that.

I'm sorry if I'm coming a bit over protective. Just giving you some ideas/advice :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts