Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got him last night. He was at the petco for at least 3 weeks and I couldnt let him stay there any longer. (there are a few other ones that have been there longer. I might rescue one of them if there are still there in a few weeks.)

What is his coloring? He looks like a butterfly? And it looks like he has cellophane at the ends? Idk. Lol.

But he needs a name. He was pretty much white/clear when I brought him home, but after being in his tank for about an hour he completely changed.

Here's his new home: (I love the black sand)

His color changing!:
(when I brought him home)

(A few hours later)

Checking out his new home:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Holy colour change Batman!

Just goes to show what stressful environments those little cups in petstores are.

Personally I'd be tempted to name him after a superhero with a secret identity. Lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will go with a superhero name for him. Now I have to think of one. I asked my boyfriend what his favorite superhero was and he couldn't decide. So he was no help. Lol

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I got that same tank also with black sand. lol
Absolutely stunning fish! Really an amazing example of the potential of all the bettas at petstores. :)
I got a boy a while ago that was the same way. He was at the petstore for about a month, at the store he was washed out, dirty peach colored. By the end of the day in my tank he got solid dark red fins and pink body, the perfect Cambodian. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts