Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I splurged and bought this female(?) the other day. I'm calling her a she for now only because they didn't have her gender labeled and I'm pretty sure she is a female..
My only question is, is she a dragon? I know the definition on a dragon betta, but I can't really tell with her. I don't know if it's her color that is making it difficult to tell or what. What do you guys think?

Oh, I'm also stumped on names..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Very pretty! I'm going to go with yes on dragon scaling...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, finally got some pictures to see if anyone can figure out gender. The darker is without flash, because otherwise the picture would have been only glare, but I edited it a bit so you can see (s)he better.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I personally would say a male plakat or halmoon plakat.

I'm really not sure whether or not he's a dragon... Dragons have thicker looking scales like this, this, or this even. It almost looks as if there is a second layer of irridescent/colored scales over the first layer of scales. Typically, the dragon scales are not quite the same color as the regular body scales that show through (though this isn't always the case). The irridescent color/dragon scales can be any color really (white, blue, copper, etc).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.