Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my BN pleco today. Cute little bugger about an inch long, if that. Tried to get the one with the smallest/least bristles in hopes of a female, but I know it's too soon to tell sex. I got a really nice rock for the tank too :) Just need to get the 29g set up and the Platy moved over so the BN can have the 10g that's covered in algae :) S/he's a feisty little thing too! Took the sales girl a good 5 minutes just to net it so I could but it. :) Hoping that's a good sign.

Was wondering this though: Since Petco is doing their B2G1 sale on fish right now, and I have about 20 other fish I want to get for the community, but no more free tanks to quarantine in, is it possible to do like 1 or 2g plastic totes and keep them in to qt? I know they would need filters. Would sponge filters work and can I make those myself? Was just a thought I had since the sale ends tomorrow and I'm going to be at Target anyways, right next to a Petco.

I'll post pictures of the nameless BN in a few.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ignore the gunk in the bag with him/her. Some of the moss/roots from the plants s/he was hiding in came home with. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Aw! She looks like my guy when I first got him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping it's a female, but will take whatever :). Having fun watching it eat the algae on the front of the tank. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'll cross my fingers for you that she's a she! :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts