Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a new member of this forum and I want to share with you the story of how my love for bettas recently started.

I'm sort of new with bettas but I love learning more and more about them! There have been a few bettas in my home ever since I was little but I used to not pay much attention to them because they weren't really "mine", because I was ignorant on anything fish related (I was more of a cat lover), and because I thought they were simple fish. Last year I moved to a new apartment by myself and wanted some company so my sister gave me her betta. I had her for a while and eventually somebody let her fall when changing her water and she died the next day. That's when I decided I wanted one of my own and when I got to the pet store found out there's more than one type of betta! LOL I then got a blue and greenish crowntail and I named him Blu. Ever since, he's made me super happy and I have done my best to keep him very happy, and he always is. I was surprised when I discovered how much personality my Blu and other bettas have!

On a very dissappointing note about myself, during the holidays I brought him home from school with me and I was so busy helping my mom around that I left him in my room all day every day and didn't change his water for some weeks :-( something I'm very ashamed of. When I returned this week back to school I saw that he had fin rot and totally freaked out! He was also very depressed. I got him medicine and cleaned everything up and now he's recovering and he's actually the happiest I've ever seen him, I believe he has brighter color now during recovery! :love: He's happy to be back at home in my school apartment and I think he's forgiven me for my irresponsibility and now happily greets me when I get home. I promised him I would never ever let anything like that happen again to him (I enjoy talking to him, I know he's listening). :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm happy yer little man is doing ok! Sometimes life gets a little hectic and we forget about the small, very important things but wat matters is that it wasn't intentional and I think yer little guy knows that. Sorrie this happened but im totally ecstatic he made it through it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a new member of this forum and I want to share with you the story of how my love for bettas recently started.

I'm sort of new with bettas but I love learning more and more about them! There have been a few bettas in my home ever since I was little but I used to not pay much attention to them because they weren't really "mine", because I was ignorant on anything fish related (I was more of a cat lover), and because I thought they were simple fish. Last year I moved to a new apartment by myself and wanted some company so my sister gave me her betta. I had her for a while and eventually somebody let her fall when changing her water and she died the next day. That's when I decided I wanted one of my own and when I got to the pet store found out there's more than one type of betta! LOL I then got a blue and greenish crowntail and I named him Blu. Ever since, he's made me super happy and I have done my best to keep him very happy, and he always is. I was surprised when I discovered how much personality my Blu and other bettas have!

On a very dissappointing note about myself, during the holidays I brought him home from school with me and I was so busy helping my mom around that I left him in my room all day every day and didn't change his water for some weeks :-( something I'm very ashamed of. When I returned this week back to school I saw that he had fin rot and totally freaked out! He was also very depressed. I got him medicine and cleaned everything up and now he's recovering and he's actually the happiest I've ever seen him, I believe he has brighter color now during recovery! :love: He's happy to be back at home in my school apartment and I think he's forgiven me for my irresponsibility and now happily greets me when I get home. I promised him I would never ever let anything like that happen again to him (I enjoy talking to him, I know he's listening). :)
Nice story :) I added one female to my community tank, and I also had no interest in Bettas. There was something about her eyes when I looked at her in the store. At first I couldn't even find her in my tank (lots of hiding places and plants), but now I'm starting to see her more and more, as she gets more comfortable being in a large space, from a stupid tiny cup in a pet store. They are sweet fish, and I can see why people like them.

Gwen

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blu is a gorgeous betta! glad to hear he survived as well :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts