Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have kept fish for many years, since I was a kid and bettas have always been one of my favorites. I currently have two 5 gallon planted tanks with a female betta in one and a male betta in the other. They spawned for the first time last night when I introduced them, I was astounded and very surprised as I had expected nothing to happen except chasing and fin nipping, which I asked questions about in the spawning forum.

I also have a 29 gallon planted freshwater tank with community fish and have kept a 55 gallon in the past, which is currently holding a ball python. I love animals of all kinds, we have a cat, a hamster, the 3 aquariums, and 6 snakes (1 ball python, 3 corns, 1 california king, and 1 milksnake). Not to mention I have two kids, work two jobs as a Registered nurse and still take college classes sporadically. Luckily my husband loves animals just as much as me or I would be in trouble, although he acts like he is not as interested in my fishy friends as he is in the snakes... I often catch him examining my tanks or making comments about the fish's behaviours :D

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to seeing pic and hearing more about your fish keeping adventures.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already moved the female to the 29 gallon in anticipation of putting the male in her 5 gallon when the fry are free swimming, but here is a pic of what their tanks looked like before I decided to attempt spawning. The first pic is the females tank, the second is the males tank.

They are both planted 5 gallon kits, adjustable heater (25watts I think), temps are 80-82, HOB filter with sponge at the output to disperse the flow. Sand substrate (Pool filter sand) planted with all live plants, wisteria, dwarf sag, and crypts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum and to the the great world of bettas.

You have Great bettas and take amazing pictures of them.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts