Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Figured I would pop in and throw a post up here introducing myself before I head off to ask question and look for answers through this super awesome looking forum!

My name is Carissa - I am super new to fish keeping, I got Armin (my red/blue doubletail half moon) on Feb. 3rd - he is currently in a 3.5g planted tank in my bathroom with a new snail friend (got the snail, named it Felix, on the 8th this month) and I seriously love him to pieces. Then on March 5th I got Garrix - the other betta pictured here but he is my work fish and stays at my job (at the moment, we are currently looking into getting a 10g tank, splitting it in half and bringing Garrix home).

I've really come to love Bettas and the community I have found that comes with them online and on instagram (Armin has an IG, Armin_Van_Betta and I've really come to love so many people on there!)

Am really looking forward to becoming a better betta care giver and getting to know you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello and welcome, Carissa! Bettas are just so wonderful, aren't they? :) You've got two beauties there...and I have to ask...on top of enjoying betta do you also happen to dabble in photography? Lighting and DOF in the pictures of Armin and Garrix are very nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Adnamac. Thank you so much! I really love them, feel pretty lucky to have stumbled upon them ^_^

And yes actually - I am a photographer :) Just part time at the moment but slowly working my way up to being able to quit my day job :p Thank you so much for your kind comments on the photos! It is really a challenge at the moment, I'm being stubborn and refusing to use my flashes 'cause I'm convinced for no reason what so ever that the flashes will annoy/bother them - so my ISO has to be too high and my aperture is too low (I'm using a macro lens for the betta photos so slightest movement on mine or the betta's part and the focus is two scales behind their eyes xD). But it's a learning experience and I'm loving having a new photography challenge!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ah! So more then dabbling...wonderful! I dabble in photography as a hobby - mainly local wildlife and my dog. I've only ever been asked once to photography a people event and was incredible uncomfortable wondering if those who I was pointing my camera at wanted their photo taken, decided after that people were not for me. LOL

Fish are new for me, as well...and I feel your pain as far as settings, but am also enjoying the challenge of it!

·
Super Moderator
5,923 Posts
Hello Carrisa, welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of bettas. It seems you've been bitten by the betta bug. Lol. . . . Bettas are addictive and you'll want more and more.

They are gorgeous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Rainbo! Thank you so much for the kind welcome ^_^

Adnamac, you know I've been in to photography since I was 16 (turning 26 next month) and it wasn't until I'd say a year ago that I got comfortable enough with taking photos of people. I much prefer animals/product/real estate photography - right there with you on that one! Listen if you ever have questions, want to share photos, etc. feel free to PM me! Always happy to help!!

Indjo - Thank you!! I certainly have been bitten >< I got Armin Feb. 3rd - it's April 11th and last night I just purchased a tank to divide in two to get two more bettas lol Went from 0 to 5 in two months lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Adnamac, you know I've been in to photography since I was 16 (turning 26 next month) and it wasn't until I'd say a year ago that I got comfortable enough with taking photos of people. I much prefer animals/product/real estate photography - right there with you on that one! Listen if you ever have questions, want to share photos, etc. feel free to PM me! Always happy to help!!
Oh I'd love to share photos and whatnot. You said you have an IG for for lovely betta boys...do you also happen to have one for your photography, or maybe a facebook? Also, and this is just me being nosey...what part of NJ are you from? I'm also in NJ, in the north east. Perhaps we're neighbors? lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I'd love to share photos and whatnot. You said you have an IG for for lovely betta boys...do you also happen to have one for your photography, or maybe a facebook? Also, and this is just me being nosey...what part of NJ are you from? I'm also in NJ, in the north east. Perhaps we're neighbors? lol
I actually just recently deleted my facebook and IG for my photography - it used my last name and I am currently in the process of coming up with a new business name since I have reason to believe my last name will be changing soon :grin2:

Some of my photos are posted here atm though if you want to see - only thing still up I believe: https://carissapasciuta.passgallery.com/portfolio

I'm going to PM you my FB if you want to add :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts