Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New here and new to Betta's! I own and have owned many reptiles, including my current 6ft Green Iguana (Ziggy) and my 7ft Colombian Red Tail Boa :)

Anyways, my GF knows how much I love animals, so she got me a Betta Fish for Valentines Day :) Sad story though. She got me a beautiful blue Betta, but it seemed to have been suffering at PetSmart. The fin seemed to have fin rot and he seemed to have buoyancy disorder. After a day, he passed away. Very sad, but we did it right the second time. Went to a local aquarium store that I have dealt with in the past and picked up a beautiful puplish/pink Betta! He was the youngest one there and the perkiest! I introduced him properly into his new home, and he absolutely loves it!! Gobbles his food up like there's no tomorrow! I am pretty sure it is a male, but you let me know :) Also, pretty sure he is a double tail.

·
Registered
239 Posts
He's definitely a double tail and I think he looks male! Congrats! That is a very vibrant home he has! I like the big dark rocks to contrast the bright pink! Very nice! does he have a name?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's definitely a double tail and I think he looks male! Congrats! That is a very vibrant home he has! I like the big dark rocks to contrast the bright pink! Very nice! does he have a name?
I wanted his tank to be a vibrant happy looking home, so I made it as bright as possible LOL The GF also played a big role in this haha

She named him Gary, because he is pink like Spongebob's Snail, Gary. LOL Going to put a little Spongebob in there this afternoon :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice. I'm a spongebob fan myself! LOL I like it! Gary is a good name! I just hope your fish doesn't start meowing... LMAO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO

He seems to really be enjoying his new home! Here are a few more pictures I forgot to upload

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
my petstores are okay with caring with pets i can't find a double tail without deformities, yours dosen't show any signs of deformities. if it dosen't have a deformity it is a plakat, i don't want a plakat a double tail (more expensive too) i used to have a DBT boy only the older members knew him

your boy is just wow he is adorable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone!! I'm already loving this little guy :)

He now gets all excited when I go near the glass. He starts swimming around 100mph! Hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts