Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a question about my new tank. Its 10 gallons divided in the middle with two bettas, an African dwarf frog, and a black mystery snail. Everyone seems to be living peacefully with each other but they have only been together for a day or so. I have a blue double veil tail named Ryan who is about 2, and a new boy named Louis. He is red and a half moon I think. He wasn't labeled at the store because it was walmart. He was sort of a rescue fish because I had no intention of buying more fish, but the conditions that the fish at walmart were living in were heartbreaking so I couldn't leave him. So I spent 30 dollars on a new tank instead. :) So i'm wondering what you guys think I should do to maintain my tank. I have a filter but neither betta likes it and they flair and attack it. I was planning on doing 25 percent water changes weekly with the filter but if i have to do it with out then it would be more. I also have a heater that keeps the temperture between 77 and 81 degrees. Any suggestions?

P.s. I have had Ryan for a long time and am good with taking care of bettas so i don't need basic tips. I'm more concerned with how to keep the tank clean with his new tank mates.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. I didn't actually get a tank kit. It was cheaper for me to buy them separately so I got that aqua tech 5-15 power filter. I forget what heater I have but it mostly keeps the temp steady. It has to get pretty cold in the room for it to drop below 79. I think I will baffle the filter, but i'm still concerned that my bettas will flair at the filter. I don't want them exhausting themselves but it seems necessary to have it. Do you think slowing it down will chill my fishies out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the water bottle to baffle the filter. Its working out pretty well so far. I should still go get a sponge so i can slow it down a little. They don't really flair at it anymore unless they are swimming by it so I call this a success! Thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.