Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just bought a new Betta at PetsMart today while grabbing a few essentials while the world is shutting down.

I'm wondering if I should expect his color to enhance after living in a nice 5.5 gallon with optimal conditions, instead of a cup?

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
Beautiful boy!

He'll probably brighten up in the coming days. Don't be shocked if he turns solid, or the pattern on him changes. Koi betta contain the marble gene and that can do that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi all,

I just bought a new Betta at PetsMart today while grabbing a few essentials while the world is shutting down.

I'm wondering if I should expect his color to enhance after living in a nice 5.5 gallon with optimal conditions, instead of a cup? View attachment 1016642
20200325_001539.jpg
20200325_001815.jpg

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I should expect his color to enhance after living in a nice 5.5 gallon with optimal conditions, instead of a cup? View attachment 1016642

Beautiful boy!

He'll probably brighten up in the coming days. Don't be shocked if he turns solid, or the pattern on his change. Koi betta contain the marble gene and that can do that!
Thank you :)
He has a beautiful iridescent blue on his dorsal fin and just behind it, he is a beautiful fish and I can't wait to see him develop.

·
Super Moderator
18,320 Posts
His color is definitely developing!
That's great! The return to color after being pale is amazing. I love the way they change; either in overall color, pattern or intensity of color.

Just wanted to mention if that is Hornwort on the right, it doesn't form true roots and may rot if planted. Mine do a lot better weighted down or left to float.

When you can, I would add a lot more plant cover. Betta are shade-loving fish that require a lot of plants; especially top cover. It took me a while for it to finally sink in that the Betta that did best for me were in well-planted tanks. Which lead me to my theory that open tanks without sufficient cover leave fish instinctively feeling vulnerable to "predators." But, that's just my theory. :geek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts