Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i fell in love with this fishy a week ago at my store when he came in. i finally decided to get him monday since he went on sale! so lucky. and SO tempted to buy a couple more females, i mean, for 99 cents? i think yes. lol.

he doesn't have a name yet. but right now he's really a scaredy cat and gets so nervous and afraid around me. every time i go to move around him he flinches and tries to look as small as possibly. but when i leave him alone and then spy on him he's flaring away and prancing around like a pretty boy. silly fish.

i did post a thread about it in the diseases and such but if any of you have any opinion on what the hole with the lumps/bubbles are at the base of his dorsal fin it would be greatly appreciated. they were on him since he came in a week ago. they don't look as if they've changed but i did start treating him with a 1/2 tsp/gal of AQ salt today. and maybe he'll look different in a week. he seems pretty healthy though otherwise. eats like a pig. lol.

but here's the only good picture of him. like i said he's really nervous around me so they're weren't many nice pictures.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
wow love him my dream crowntail

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! you can't really tell in the picture but his pectoral fins are rather large, and full color!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thought i would show you guys some better pictures of who i now named Tye. because his colors remind me of "tie-dye" :]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wow! I love Tye!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have no idea! they aren't as big as i've normally seen the elephant/big/dumbo ear bettas. but they are definitely larger than the normal size.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks! me too! he's still super scared of me though. i feel so bad that i scare him. lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh my goodness. Mine's got slightly less impressive fins but at first glance I could've sworn I just bought the same crowntail.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha how awesome! twins!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts