Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My names landon and I’m getting back into the hobby after a break. Previously having nothing but larger setups, I was looking to do a smaller, more manageable setup this time and wanted to share some pictures with you guys! I went with the marineland portrait knowingly sacrificing a little swimming space, it’s the design that best caught my eye. I altered the filtration a bit by adding water polishing media. Placed the heater in the back compartment so i don’t have any visible distractions, with a digital probe for monitoring temperature. I also threw out the original lighting and added a fluval plant nano light to help plants grow and improve appearance. Found a nice piece of driftwood, added a little Java moss and plan to add a little more. I also added some red root floaters which are already quickly multiplying. I have a couple of feeding rings arriving today so I can try out and see which one fits the setup best.. to have some clear light flow for the Java moss. The setup has been cycling for four weeks now. I used prime, quick start, supplements for the plants.. I have a few ramshorn snails arriving this week and have plans to try out a few ghost shrimp. If my future betta doesn’t eat them (lol). Let me know what you think! ☺

·
Super Moderator
538 Posts
Hello!

I really like the clean set up and how the branches of the tree stretch out in all dimensions.

I´m curious if the upper java moss lies in a kind of hayrack?

Somewhere here in a subforum I´ve seen a member attaching moss ball to the tree branches - both as a bumper and for the sheer look. Great idea!

With the heater out of sight and the Fluval lamp your tank really looks classy!

Reactions: Kat50

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello!

I really like the clean set up and how the branches of the tree stretch out in all dimensions.

I´m curious if the upper java moss lies in a kind of hayrack?

Somewhere here in a subforum I´ve seen a member attaching moss ball to the tree branches - both as a bumper and for the sheer look. Great idea!

With the heater out of sight and the Fluval lamp your tank really looks classy!
Thank you! I was going for a clean, simple design. Originally, I just plopped the moss in the tank and it set on the branch like that. It ended up holding it in place perfectly and I figured I’d leave it so my future betta can have a resting spot close to the surface. And hopefully the moss grows well, up and down the driftwood. Thank you for the kind words and welcome! ☺

1 - 5 of 5 Posts