Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I'm Nic (short for Nicole) hailing from Lakewood, Colorado. I just got my Crowntail boy a week and a half or so ago. Introducing Poseidon!

He's in a 1 Gallon bowl for now... Will be spoiling him with new digs within the next few weeks...

·
Registered
401 Posts
He is a very pretty boy. Hello to both of you and I hope you enjoy the forum. There are so many people on here who have great knowledge of our charges and I hope you and your Betta do well. if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. You will get an array of answers you will find everyone on here to be kind and helpful. I will stress in most of my posts here that tank size really does matter. anything under 2.5 gallon is survival. Betta love to explore and they love your attention. Give them the best you can in care and home. I will always point out that a small bowl or tank without a heater and filter is a death sentence for your beloved Betta. Small bowls with out heaters must be changed at least once every 2 days and the water you put back in be treated with conditioner and at the same Temp as the water you took out. With a tank that has a heater and filter can be cared for quite easily with 25% water changes once a week and after the tank cycles your betta will be living in high cotton.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I always recommend a tank size of 4-5 gallon desk top. one that has a filter and a place for a heater. (none of the desk tops come with a heater and some don't even have room to include one.) Choose well (Marineland makes a nice classic 4 gallon tank) it comes with LED day/night lighting, an acrylic 4 gallon tank, with a penguin 100 bio filter. (The filter has to be restricted for the output flow is to much for your Betta.) it is easily done by cutting a clear 12 ounce water bottle at both ends and cutting it into a shape of a c, using scotch tape tape one end to the filter body and slide the rest under the filter out put shoot (Works great) The restriction fix costs as much as the bottle of water. This tank is well worth taking a look at and the cost of the Kit is under $50.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts