Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My fish, MJ, is about 3 years old and lives in a 2.5 gallon tank that is heated to 76 degrees. I do water changes weekly and try to keep it nice and clean. He normally eats about 2-4 little pellets per day, which I thought was a pretty good appetite. Then all of a sudden he lost interest in his food. Also, he has stopped swimming around. He just lays in his plant and sleeps all day.

I thought he might be constipated from all that he normally eats so I tried to feed him a piece of a pea and it immediately sunk to the bottom. He only eats food if it is RIGHT in front of him. I swear he's blind sometimes because I have to make him follow my finger to his food all the time lol.

I'm really worried so if anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Morgan

·
Registered
606 Posts
If your betta is 3 years old it might be getting old.
It's a good sign that you can keep it alive for 3 years,congratulations!
You can try fasting him for a day or two a week.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
As Fabian said :)

The little guy is getting old, and he might need to calm down a little bit with his lifestyle, like an older person might. :)

Congrats though on being such a good owner :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I was worried it might just be old age. My fish means the world to me and I'm scared he might be heading towards the light. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts