Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I was referred to this forum by a friend and thought I would start off by introducing myself and my betta. :)

I've been keeping fish and plants for about 4 years now-- finally starting to develop the skills and knowledge to be really successful. ;p I only have a 6.6 gallon bookshelf aquarium right now, housing my betta, Helmut, but would love to have at least a few more tanks once I get more settled in the next few years. Anyway, I'm probably equally interested in aquatic plants as I am in fish. Can't wait to start posting and hopefully learning some new stuff in the process. :D

Here's a video of my tank. It's kind of disheveled from adding new plants recently.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Be careful,Bettas are REALLY addicting. I wish you luck on the journey of the amazing world of Betta Fish and their Care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like that. It's elegantly simple. Wish I had enough of an eye to do a similar thing with one of my tanks.
Aw, thanks! It's really come a long way from the beginning.
's what it looked like when I first set it up. Not very elegant, right? ;p

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol, still pretty nice. I had pretty limited options when I pick stuff up for my planted. Petstore only had one sand color in, and only one plant I knew I couldn't kill (immediately, at least. lol)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, still pretty nice. I had pretty limited options when I pick stuff up for my planted. Petstore only had one sand color in, and only one plant I knew I couldn't kill (immediately, at least. lol)
Yeah, I had to order substrate online (it's flourite, shipping was not cheap), then picked up the plants slowly over time as they came stock at my LFS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like your tank a lot! I've been looking at getting that same tank (from petco, right?) as a shrimp tank & planting it. Yours is an inspiration! It's nice to see a tank that size up and running. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
That looks great! I'm about to try the same thing in my 2 bookshelf tanks, one to see if the different environment will help Pig stop mutilating his tail (stupid fish) and the second to prevent whatever is tearing up Dexter's side from causing further injury. I swear, these fish would never make it in the wild.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great tank! I have a bookshel tank as well, and my boy loves the length. welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi and welcome to the form!!! I love your tank!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Very classy tank. Glad to see you put so much care into your betta's home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I never expected so many responses! This is a really hoppin' forum. ;p Thanks for all the compliments, guys!

You guys guessed it-- it's a Petco bookshelf aquarium. I swear these things are like betta heaven. I don't think I'll ever have another aquarium with traditional tall proportions ever again, either. It's crazy how much extra usable room their is.

And yep, the plant to the left is bacopa caroliniana. I really like it too! It grows fast to keep the water nice and clean, is super hardy and easy to propagate by trimmings and most all, I think it's really pretty. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your betta must love it!! I sure do!! Nice set up! My plants always die on me, aquatic or not. I can only keep mossball's alive.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Beautiful looking tank you got there :thumbsup: The before setup wasn't that bad but you really made it a showpiece.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts