Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been coming to this site for many months seeking info to keep my bettas healthy and I decided to register and introduce myself.

My name is Chrissy and I live in Florida. I currently have 3 male bettas who are all walmart survivors. I could go on for hours about the horrible care they receive in my local store but I'm sure most of you know what I've seen. I am usually not one to give in and support something I am this much against but my conscience would not let me leave them there hoping someone would buy them before they died like the others.

I cannot thank you all enough for the helpful information I've been fortunate enough to find. You guys have helped educate me on the best care for a betta and I am still learning new things as I read posts.

I'll attempt to attach a photo of each of them here. Oscar is the blue and black one, Marvin is the blue, black and red one and the last one does not have a name yet. He is pretty new and I cannot think of a good enough name for him yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hallo and welcome.

Nice bettas, the one on top looks like one my sister had last year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi and welcome im new myself here your crowntails are very beautiful.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures and seeing more pic....

Enjoy your stay.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

The 3rd one (who has no name yet) had no color at all when I brought him home. They were going to flush him because he "was going to die anyway" so I brought him home thinking I was in for a long battle to get him healthy again. About 2 hours after he was in a clean, warm aquarium the color came through and I could not believe how pretty (and alive) he was. Lucky for me he needed nothing other than salt and heat to perk up.

My blue boy Oscar almost died on me when I brought him home. I learned all about swim bladder disorder and Kanaplex when he got sick. I am not sure how he pulled through but he did and has become my favorite fish. I think dealing with almost losing him helped me bond to him better.

Marvin actually belongs to my fiancee. He felt horrible when he walked by the betta cups and saw only one survivor so he brought him home.

I have no idea why my local walmart even bothers to sell bettas. Our town is tiny and most of the 30+ fish they order each month die on the shelves. When I bought the last one the department manager asked why I even bother since the fish will end up costing more than it's worth. I sometimes wonder if they purposely ignore the care in order to sell some to people like me who cannot let anything suffer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
my bettas are CinKo and DiMo

·
Registered
226 Posts
whoops i spelt DmIo wrong haha loloz im so stupid some times

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome! Your fish are lucky you care so much! I can't wait to see more photos of your little guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts