Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! I saw this guy at LFS today and knew immediately this is not a fish you leave at the store. I've seen pictures of Mustard Gas bettas so I've wanted one ever since. He may not technically be a Mustard Gas but he's close enough for me. Before I even pointed him out, the girl working the fish department beelined for him and gasped. She said their last shipment of bettas was choice and they're running out of bettas again already. I'm going to ask the owner where he gets them.

I happened to have an empty Aqueon Evolve2 that I purchased on sale last weekend just begging for a fish. His dorsal fin is damaged - I assume from shipping. Fins this large probably don't hold up well on an impatient betta in a bag. It's a very large split, so it'll probably take a very long time to heal.

I JUST released him a few minutes ago, so he's a bit dark. I just couldn't wait for him to blue up before sharing him with people who would appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm jealous :), he's gorgeous! Good luck with him :-D

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
what a nice blue color! 8D I am a sucker for MGs bettas. XD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He hasn't quit swimming everywhere since I released him. He must really be enjoying stretching his fins in the warm water. I'm keeping him at 80 degrees. He doesn't associate me with food yet but he found and gobbled his pellet at least. My other betta Gomez always followed my hand from day 1, which I like because he never has food waste. I assume they're from the same breeder.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wow, what an amazing find! I'm sooooooo jealoce! Beautiful boy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts