Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finally got the lady and the man to do their work. I see lots of eggs in the nest but because I breed my bettas more similar to the Thais, I can't get good photos. I like to give the parents privacy which allows them to focus on each other more than their surroundings.

Pictures of the parents are here: Julius & Pinya

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wonderful looking adults I will have to follow this spawn.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't wait to see the fry!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you also notice I use a bin to provide privacy for the pair to spawn and also either no plants or very few fake plants. I always have infusoria growing on the window cills to provide first few hours/days of food for the older babies that will hatch a few hours ahead of the younger siblings. I still offer micro worms once they are free swimming.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK! so we have Wrigglers! I've been impatiently waiting for these guys to hatch more-so than any other spawn I've had so far! Im pretty excited to see them bouncing around and dad doing such a good job keeping them together. His bubble nest is massive now, over 3 times the size when I first took pictures. Hopefully I can get a show soon without disturbing him.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope with the introduction of the female from BasementBettas that the anal fin of Julius will become more uniform to the show standard with this new spawn. Again, keeping my fingers crossed. As I type I see more and more babies hatching an wriggling around. Very excited! Thanks, Lui

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Hmm might have to get some of these fry for an out-cross to my purple gas/salamanders.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Hmm might have to get some of these fry for an out-cross to my purple gas/salamanders.
Interesting. I have a purple/black gas male HMPK. He changes color between the two.

This pair has nice color to them and the finnage isn't bad either so I'm very interested in the results on the fry.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New image of the nest. Its taking an area space of approximately 6inches by 5inches. Trying to get a photo of the babies but again, since I like to have them spawn in non visible containers its hard to get photos of the babies until they are free swimming. Enjoy, Lui

·
Registered
980 Posts
wow, some really dark ones in there. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Please fast forward time a few weeks? >.>

·
Registered
669 Posts
Can't wait to see more so great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.