Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
[Male] Twin-tail Half-moon Betta - Ryuu (竜)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new one here. Whenever I research about Bettas, I always see this forum pop up so why not as well join XD

Though I'm not completely new as a joined awhile ago (but I didn't really have a betta so there was nothing much for me here). BUT now that I have a betta, I'm ready to be join this group!

His name is Ryuu (竜) and he's a Twin-tail Half-moon Betta from Petsmart. Here's how he looks:

I hope you can help me raise my betta and I hope I can help back; EVEN though I'm quite new and may lack the knowledge XDDD

·
Registered
Mr Garvey, male rose tail; A-aron, male betta, no-name; and male P. Clarkii rayfish
9 Posts
I can confirm that you’ve come to the right place! This forum is fantastic for literally everything you need and want to know about betta.

·
Registered
"Buddy"
187 Posts
Omg I see why you called him Ryuu. It's the eyes! :D Could have also gone with Ryuk...Did he come with a notebook? Such a cool looking dude too!

·
Super Moderator
1,314 Posts
Hey, just a heads up that with double or twin tails stocky bodies they have a hard time digesting the average one meal a day but that can be solved by feeding 2 or more smaller ones instead of one big one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! I would check out this article on how to get started. Don't just dump your beta in the bowl, the change in temperature and water chemistry will shock your betta. You also need to treat the water. Just do a quick google search to find out more about it.
Oh, yes, I have read about the nitrogen cycle and all that. Not an expert but I know most of the important things.

I did a fishless cycling for a month (around 30 days), and once the ammonia and nitrites turned 0 (nitrates at 5ppm); I added three snails to clean up. They really did good at cleaning, I love them!

The cleaning took 5 days to complete, and that's the time I went looking for a betta. In which I found, Ryuu!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg I see why you called him Ryuu. It's the eyes! :D Could have also gone with Ryuk...Did he come with a notebook? Such a cool looking dude too!
I also found his eyes beautiful when picking him out, it was glinting blue in the fish store. Even more, he's so gentle (but at first he was aggressive to one of the snails with long antennas though, but the aggression didn't last long).

But I actually got the name meaning "dragon" in Japanese. This is his name cause he swims majestically in the tank as if he's a dragon. Also, he has some unique betta markings (I think), it's hard to capture in photos but he has leopard spots on his fins. I was going to name him a name meaning "leopard" or "panther" but I couldn't find any appealing ones XDDD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, just a heads up that with double or twin tails stocky bodies they have a hard time digesting the average one meal a day but that can be solved by feeding 2 or more smaller ones instead of one big one.
Oh, thank you for the heads up, I really appreciate it. Luckily I've only fed him twice, and it was really light.

My original plan was 3 minute feeding two times a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. But now I'll change the three minute into one sprinkle or two (Fluval Bug Bites), if he misses he misses -shrug- he gotta be more competent now lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! Your betta is so beautiful. This forum is such a nice place to go to for help on anything related to bettas. Everyone's really nice and helpful. Good luck with your Ryuu!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Your betta is so beautiful. This forum is such a nice place to go to for help on anything related to bettas. Everyone's really nice and helpful. Good luck with your Ryuu!
Thank youuu (sorry for the late reply as I didn't see the alert). And so far, I agree, thank you again. I wish you the best!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts