Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my betta in a 3 gallon tank with LED lights, and a heater but no filter. I have been unable to find a decent filter that is not too powerful.

How often should I clean a 3 gallon tank with a gravel bottom? I am very diligent and OCD about keeping his tank nice & clean and since I currently have no filter, I am wondering how often I should change his water, and how much.

Also, wondering what a decent filter for a betta fish is? My tank came with a Tetra Whisper filter but it is already broke after 2 days :(.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
You should do one 50% water change and one 100% water change with graveling cleaning every week.

as for filters. look at the Azoo Palm Filter. You can find it on amazon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would highly suggest a filter. I tried to avoid using one for my betta in a 3.5 gallon, but he ended up with fin rot and losing some color :( I think it's better to have bettas in a filter. Makes it easier on them, and us.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have a dozen (give or take !) of the 3g Tetra cubes set up. I use the Deep Blue BioMaxx Nano filters on all of mine. They have an adjustable water flow which is wonderful, especially for bettas. If you check Ebay or Amazon you can usually get one for an average of $12. I love mine. Also have some of the Cascade 20's as well, but I am less partial to them.

I currently have my betta in a 3 gallon tank with LED lights, and a heater but no filter. I have been unable to find a decent filter that is not too powerful.

Also, wondering what a decent filter for a betta fish is? My tank came with a Tetra Whisper filter but it is already broke after 2 days :(.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.