Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought three peppered corys on Saturday, the 23.For tow ays two of them have been racing around, glass surfing constantly. The other seems fine and has been hanging out with the other four pygmy corys. I read that the two could be spawning? If that’s the case then how do I save and raise the babies? They’re in a ten gallon with some live plants, a betta and guppies. If I want to save the babes I’ll have to move the fry, right? I need help here.

Thank!!!!:-D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Cory are very active and mine (false julii cory) are all over the tank. When I first got them they were basically glass surfing for a week or so until they got use to where the tank walls were.
Btw cory are shoaling fish and should be in groups of 6 or more minimum. Also according to seriouslyfish (awesome site for species info) they end a 24x15x12 tank minimum (20g or more)
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/corydoras-paleatus/

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Btw cory are shoaling fish and should be in groups of 6 or more minimum.
Yes you should have 6 of each type and they need a bigger tank.
What sort of substrate do you have?
Corys are very sensitive to water conditions, Especially ammonia.
And they really do prefer soft low PH water.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have soft water that I keep at 76- 78. I’ve had corys for almost 6 months. They all seem happy in the numbers they are right now. Thanks for confirming they’re not spawning. Kinda freaked me out, lol.
I have gravel sub that I’m preparing to shift to sand. Half and half at a time by using dividers to keep fish safe and sand out of gravel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts