Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new tank. It's a Fluval Flex 15 gallon.

I'm in the process of planning my tank and would like some advice. I'm planning on making my first planted tank with some anubias, java fern, java moss, and the marimo moss balls. I want to put a betta in there but I was hoping to have a community tank as well. I'm looking for stocking recommendations, and for approximately how many fish to put in.

After the research I have done I'm thinking this combo:
1 Betta
7-9 harlequin rasboras
12 or so shrimp (either ghost or cherry)

Does this seem reasonable? Any better ideas? I'm open to suggestions

·
Registered
230 Posts
I’ve had endlers, amano shrimp and angelfish in with several bettas so far and not had issues with the Betta towards them.
However the crystal shrimp were simply live snacks for one Betta (much easier to spot them than amanos). I’m pretty sure she’ll go after my blue bolt shrimp if she ends up back in that tank. And small snails are something she likes too. She didn’t like the electric blue rams either - neither did the previous female betta. Too flashy blue I guess.
Other folks have tetras and rasboras without problems.
The less the fish look like each other the more compatible different species seem to be.

Oh! And the panda corys are great companions.

·
Super Moderator
19,244 Posts
What you can have depends in great part on how the tank is planted. The fewer plants the less successful the community tanks. It also depends on a Betta's temperament. And always have a backup plan should things not work out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts