Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen him at jack's friday. And coerced and pleaded with my boyfriend.
Then I had to scrape together the cash to get him a tank (2 gallon Marina with Bio-filter), a heater, a thermometer, gravel, plants, decor...
And a stand to put him on... lol.
So. About 110 dollars later:

I Present.
The Rev!
(yes. A7X reference. and inspired. I did so love Jimmy. And his free spirit matched this beauty's color)

Just... What color would him be called? He's like... A rainbow.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
He's beautiful!!! His color is multicolor.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol. he's a rainbow betta, Jessica. XD Not seriously. But there should be a coloration called rainbow. XD

And thanks guys.
I went through all kinds of loops to get him. I had to find loopholes in my agreement with my boyfriend (no more fish until i had stands/dressers/shelves/etc to put them all on. Then I had to count change. And dig out a stash of money i had for my mom's mom's day gift. (It's on backorder and hasn't come in yet and won't for a week or so. thank gawds.)
it was... stressing. But... I had to have him. The guy at jacks (now knows my name) he saw me yesterday when i went to go get him and was like "Hey Sam, he's on the bottom in the middle. We hid him for you. I knew you'd be back." i was like "dude. seriously?" because no one wants to dig through the horror on of the stacked cups to get to the ones in the middle. The have a pineapple veiltail that's been there for almost 2 weeks now... o.0 reason: he's in the middle. Though he's way more active than the others. I might get him if they still have him in a few weeks. (Though they've got a girl that works there that ends up buying a bunch herself. lol)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Gorgeous!!!! Your so lucky :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I'm generally not. But The manager down there knows me. and knows that the big wide eyes and the reluctantly putting him back meant i was going to be swinging around every petstore on the way home looking getting what i get from them. (I know who carries what and whats cheaper here than there.) Another hint for him I bought a couple of plants too. When I said that Raph needed no more plants. XD

·
Registered
18 Posts
He's really pretty! Sounds like your experience was similar to mine. We went to the pet store for a cat scratcher; I saw Azrael and so we then had to buy the tank, the decor, the treatment, the thermometer and ammonia reader, food, net, everything. I didn't have anything left from my previous fish tanks (all across the country in storage).
LoL

But your guy looks just as worth it. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol.
Jacks i got the plants. (went back for the betta)
I ran to world of pets for a tank.
Petsmart for a heater.
walmart for gravel and decors.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I seen him at jack's friday. And coerced and pleaded with my boyfriend.
Then I had to scrape together the cash to get him a tank (2 gallon Marina with Bio-filter), a heater, a thermometer, gravel, plants, decor...
And a stand to put him on... lol.
So. About 110 dollars later:

I Present.
The Rev!
(yes. A7X reference. and inspired. I did so love Jimmy. And his free spirit matched this beauty's color)

Just... What color would him be called? He's like... A rainbow.
Love A7X.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. ^.^

and lily, you aren't the only one with a love of A7X. glad to know I'm not either. lulz. XD

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL.
I wanna get a tattoo so bad. I already have it drawn out and what not. ;-; but I'm terrified of needles. Like.. extremely.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love your betta!!!! How beautiful! I wish I could have a betta like that!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol. thanks. He was a lucky find. and an impulse buy.
Take a road trip to Florence Ky. Go to Jack Pets and Aquarium. They have a couple like him (but not as rainbow-y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts