Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved Frank, my betta, from a 2 gallon fishbowl to a 4 gallon tank with a filter. He's swimming around but whenever he gets to where the water comes out of the filter, he gets shoved down to the bottom of the tank. He lived in his fishbowl since November and he just seemed happier in there. What should I do? The current also pushes his food away from him and he has to chase it all over the tank

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It's best to use aquarium products. I have an aqueon filter and I use this stuff to slow the outflow down. I have to cut it to make it fit. I use it at the outflow and then I shoved the rest behind the filter cartridge.

Other people cut a plastic bottle and use that. There is a stickie somewhere on this forum that tells you how to use a plastic soda bottle to baffle the flow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used the water bottle method. It basically makes the water flow towards the sides instead of down the middle. It does help. My plants would move before and now they don't. I haven't tried the sponge. It should be near the top of this forum. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts