Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently posted about plants for my 2.5 gallon heated bowl that needed low light plantin. Well end of February I will be going to the city for some and decided I might get another tank!!!

I want to do a 2-5 gallon planted tank and was wondering what is the best tank i could get at petsmart for a good price and looking for good reviews. I want to look into lights for the easy keeper plants, a good slow filter and heater.

Im in love with the dwarf hairgrass and would like some as well as hornwort, anubias and a couple other mentioned.

I am asking for your advice as many of you are successful in your small planted tanks. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Aqueon mini-bows are great tanks for a betta in my humble opinion (I have 6 of them).

Have you tried checking on Craigslist in your area? I always see a bunch of tanks for cheap money around here. You might be able to grab a 10 gallon for less than a new 5 gallon setup.

Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im in Alberta and they have a bunch in kijiji but I would like to get a new one and its no hassle running around the city to find the people. I will check those tanks out. Peachii, did you need to change any bulbs and filters at all ? How would put a sponge over a filter if its too strong too?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Im in Alberta and they have a bunch in kijiji but I would like to get a new one and its no hassle running around the city to find the people. I will check those tanks out. Peachii, did you need to change any bulbs and filters at all ? How would put a sponge over a filter if its too strong too?

The 6.6 gallon we didn't use the filter that came with it because it was an undergravel filter and we didn't want to chance a mess since we use Miracle grow soil for our plants, they sell a really, really nice 2.99 sponge filter on that site though that works perfectly for it. The 4.2 tank you can easily place a sponge on the bar (all of it or just half) to cut the flow if needed, I like the filter on the 4.2 alot better than the one that came with the 6.6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts