Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
For a 2.5g the consensus here is to do a minimum of two water changes per week--one 50% and one 100% with gravel vacuuming. A few plants won't make much difference. Test water (with a liquid test kit, if possible) before each change and make sure ammonia never gets above .25ppm. (I do two 80% changes/week with vacuuming, and a complete fish-out tank cleaning every month or so. I also spot-clean poops and waste food whenever I see it.)

As you are a gardener, and probably have a green thumb, check into running an NPT (Natural Planted Tank). Old Fish Lady has a lot of advice on her member page. Practically maintenance-free, except for pruning. Build a NPT, then move your fish in. He'll love it---guaranteed.

My fish love their floating large Anubias; they use it for hides, rest stops and beds. Much better than plastic leaves. Wisteria and water sprite are also good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.