Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Iroh: white halfmoon plakat; Ollie: hyper white and silver tabby cat
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set up my new 10 gallon tank. Currently it only has Iroh and Sheldon the mystery snail in it but I have a tank divider on the way and a betta is coming all the way from Thailand. The new guy will live on the left side with the heater while Iroh will live on the right side with the filter.

I’m nervous and anxious because the flight the new guy is coming in on from Thailand got delayed til Wednesday. The transhipper already had me pay for shipping so he could have the fish sent to me asap. I hope the new guy makes it.

Water Plant Green Vertebrate Nature

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks good but here are some things to make it better. I'd put live plants in there such as java fern, java moss and some floater plants which are all beginner friendly. The most important thing is to is to let the tank cycle for a month. Check out KGTropicals on YT and search up "the nitrogen cycle." Really hope this helps!

·
Registered
Iroh: white halfmoon plakat; Ollie: hyper white and silver tabby cat
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good but here are some things to make it better. I'd put live plants in there such as java fern, java moss and some floater plants which are all beginner friendly. The most important thing is to is to let the tank cycle for a month. Check out KGTropicals on YT and search up "the nitrogen cycle." Really hope this helps!
I put in the filter cartridge from the old 2.5 gallon tank that was loaded with BB into the new tank’s filter. That and I added Stability, Prime, and Stress Guard. Should be a good jump start!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
796 Posts
Just set up my new 10 gallon tank. Currently it only has Iroh and Sheldon the mystery snail in it but I have a tank divider on the way and a betta is coming all the way from Thailand. The new guy will live on the left side with the heater while Iroh will live on the right side with the filter.

I’m nervous and anxious because the flight the new guy is coming in on from Thailand got delayed til Wednesday. The transhipper already had me pay for shipping so he could have the fish sent to me asap. I hope the new guy makes it.

View attachment 1046226
Great start on your new tank! If you would like to consider live plants, bettas love hiding and playing in floaters and their roots. Frog bit is a great one - they will build bubble nests and love having a place to snuggle up. It will also cover him from too much light, provide a natural way to remove nitrates from your tank (the floaters will gobble them up) and also provide your new little friend with more oxygen. Just a suggestion! Beautiful job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts