Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while I've had my 2.5g tank, complete with filter and heater. Over the summer, a family down the street moved out and were tossing two (rather dirty) tanks, one ten gallon and one twenty. I plan on eventually moving a betta into the ten gallon when I'm not constantly moving from school to home and back again every couple of months. Unfortunately, my filter and heater only work with at max ten gallons.

What do you guys suggest for things like filters and heaters and low-light, easy plants for something like a ten gallon tank? I have enough homemade decorations and ideas to make little caves and silk plants for cheap to fill it but I have no idea on filters and heaters while staying in the low budget range and not getting screwed on quality.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Most of my tanks are covered in Anubis, wisteria and Java Fern.... I believe my 10 and 20 have 50 watt heaters bought at Petco/PetSmart and 2 have Whisper 10-20 internal filters.... For lighting you could use a desk lamp/clamp light with a 40-60ish watt fluorescent (CFL) bulb if you can find full spectrum Gro lights great.. or may be something similar to a strip light like this (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lights-of-America-24-Fluorescent-Grow-Light-Fixture/16879945)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.