Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I've had my rosetail betta for about a month and a half now. I purchased him with a black mystery snail who sadly just died. The water is heated to about 78-80 degrees, with gravel, betta hammock and a new live plant. (he before had a silk plant).

I cleaned my tank and let my betta live alone for a couple days. I just added one zebra snail to the tank with the new live plant. My betta now swims around like crazy! He swims all over the tank showing his pretty tail. Is it something I added? He just seems much happier than before.

Also my tank still looks somewhat dull. I was thinking of adding at least one more zebra snail. Does anyone know if zebra snails do better in groups/ do they prefer to live with other snails?

Is there any tank mates that bettas actually are social with? My fish does not seem too aggressive. He doesn't flare up at his own reflection and just poked at the snail in the beginning, now he doesn't care.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Snails are really sensitive to water parameters if your tank isn't stable in its cycle it could cause issues with snails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts