Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new female ‘Fidget’. She’s imported from Thailand and was posted up on Youtube. She arrived yesterday afternoon but has already cowed the male in the tank over.

I was nervous she wouldn’t arrive until after the weekend, since they didn’t update the tracking details until after she was delivered.

The breeder’s net holds another imported female who arrived with her, but I couldn’t get any clear shots through the netting.

Fidget will be staying in this tank but I intend on cycling and planting it out. The other nameless female will be moving into my upcoming 3ft sorority.

Also here is my original sorority now rescaped. I am getting some hairgrass tomorrow to plant out the foreground as it is too bare for my tastes.

(Ignore torch, I use it to spy on my wild bettas)

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Awh she's awesome! She'll go great with the others!
I must say, the one on the left in the last photo is my fave, she's stunning:D

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I love her too. Girls are such much more fun than males.

Now I'm just hoping this didn't post a million times since my posting thing wasn't loading properly and it kept refreshing :lol:

Forgot to post a current FTS

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Are those homemade tanks? :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow what a gorgeous female and I LOVE your sorority! You mentioned you had wild bettas...I have been very curious about them lately and I was wondering how do you take care of them?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where can I get a tank like that? Yours looks awesome!!

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, did definitely not make them. If I could produce tanks of that quality, I would go into business.

They are a mix of Do!Aqua (a cheaper version *hah* of the ADA brand tanks) and YiDing, which I believe is a cheap Taiwanese copy.

This thread http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90022 has some information on wild bettas. Basically you will find most need soft, tannin-stained water and lots of cover to show off their best colours.

Apart from that, they are not that different from my splendens to keep.

Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Just wondering, either way I have a guy nearby that makes homemade tanks like that for really good prices. Thought they'd look bad filled, but yours are stunning :D
I'm guessing the 5th photo, to the right is the wild betta?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks so much for the link LittleBettaFish!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I do have a random question though, it's probably stupid to ask, but do wild bettas need their water conditioned like the bettas we buy at pet stores?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts