Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Four months ago, my girlfriend got a betta fish and it piqued my interest. Two weeks ago, I told my girlfriend that I was kind of interested in getting myself a betta. A week ago, she surprised me with a trip to Petco and a new betta, and here I am today.

My betta's name is Tony! He's a rosetail that I immediately fell in love with when I first saw him. He's a little shy, but he's also super energetic, swimming around his tank and checking out and exploring all the little nooks and crannies. I recently learned about the unfortunate circumstances behind rosetails, but what's done is done, and I really want to make sure he's happy, healthy, and well taken care of. He's currently in a 2.5gal tank, but I'm cycling a 10gal tank at the moment that I can hopefully move him into in the next few weeks.

Anyway, here I am, and I want to be a good keeper for Tony. So hopefully I'll see you around the forums, thanks for reading!

Tony's current tank

Tony

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Nice fish.

Before you move him to the 10 gal stuff it full of live plants make sure some of then are floating. and I mean stuff it full, this will make your betta happy and help with water quality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice fish.

Before you move him to the 10 gal stuff it full of live plants make sure some of then are floating. and I mean stuff it full, this will make your betta happy and help with water quality.
Thank you for your reply! That's most certainly the plan, I wanna give him all the nice little hiding spots. Any recommendations for plants? I was thinking amazon swords, anubias and java ferns, maybe a nice moss ball too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts