Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I guess my story begins with I've actually never owned a fish before these moments of becoming a newly formed Betta guardian and never really intended on it until the day my wife surprised me with my daughters new "pet".

Let me introduce "Sweet Cheeks"

Female PK Maybe 3-4 months old-ish

Sorry for dark picture.

And Her tanks mates...

Spotted Silver Mollie "Speckles"

Silver Mollie "Ghosty"

Plecostamus "Platypus" (not pictured yet)

All the names were given by my 5 year old. She's adorable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Can you tell us the size of the tank? If you have a common pleco, he/she is going to outgrow that tank fairly quickly. And they are notorious tank fowlers (poop machines) when they mature.

You might want to think about rehoming it before your daughter gets too attached. You can always go with a small shoal of corys which are fun to watch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Can you tell us the size of the tank? If you have a common pleco, he/she is going to outgrow that tank fairly quickly. And they are notorious tank fowlers (poop machines) when they mature.

You might want to think about rehoming it before your daughter gets too attached. You can always go with a small shoal of corys which are fun to watch.
Oh yeah. It's a 10 gallon tank. It is a common pleco but it was labeled "small breed". The filter I have is for a API 30 gal with an adjustable pump speed capable of doing 130 gallons per hour. I have it set to half speed as of right now. It's heated by a 100 watt Auqatop heater and that's set to 80. It gets cold in my house so the little extra heat shouldn't hurt.

Hopefully that helps. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions y'all got for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts