Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. :) I'm new to this forum, and I thought I'd say hi! I'm 13 years old and I take care of 2 bettas. I got them both at Petsmart. They don't really have names, but one is a pale red veiltail, and the other is a blue veiltail, they both live in 3 gallon kritter keepers. Other than my fish, I have 2 cats, Hampton and Petra, both of which I rescued from the ASPCA. I also have a Garter Snake who I got from Petco (I know, bad idea). I want to join the IBC as a junior member and I love my animals. :) I'm also very mature for my age. Tomorrow if I can find my grandma's (shes the one who buys a lot of my animals stuff - thanks Grammy!) digital camera, I'll take pics of my fish, cats and snake. I'm also a Junior Member of the Michgan Betta Club.

Oh, and shhhh bettas are like my most secret hobby!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heh no one? Guess its just kinda late. :p I can't edit my post but I've got a question.

I have a 3g kritter keeper and I don't have heaters. My fish are fine and perky, but whats a good heater for them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suggest a Hydor 2.5 heater. It's not controllable but it's designed to keep small aquariums at 80 degrees I believe and it's fairly inexpensive being a heater. It's sold at Petco, and maybe Petsmart.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I use Elite Heaters. They're adjustable and work very well.

Looking forward to pics! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll probably zip over there tomorrow if I can get a ride.

Do I have to upload my photos to Photobucket first or can I just copy/paste from My Photos?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can copy and paste or make an attachment via a post.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hello welcome! I am from Michigan too! Anywere from 78-80 is a good temp. you can either do it the photobucket way or you can go to the "go advanced" botton and scroll down to manage attachments click on that and choose the picture you want to attach from your computer.I can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks I'll probably just copy and paste. I'll have pictures up tomorrow - can't say tomorrow morning because I may be up well past noon lol.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You wouldn't just be able to copy and paste. I use photobucket when I post photos. Or you can make an attachment, but I'd still use an uploading site.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
Can't wait to see pictures. I can tell you are mature for your age, I'm 14 and am also pretty mature.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Alright, thanks I'll probably just copy and paste. I'll have pictures up tomorrow - can't say tomorrow morning because I may be up well past noon lol.
haha me too.,but I thought kids started school here already well I guess it's close to starting school( I am homeschooled so I don't have the issue of getting up super early)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. :)

Alright, I may just have to host them if copy/paste doesn't work.

School starts September 7th for me. "/ I'm kinda ready though, after so long in Summer you start to get bored..

·
Registered
800 Posts
Man , that's lucky. I start school on Sept. 1st. But, I guess it depends when your school lets you out for summer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Umm -looks at school calendar- school is out June 10th.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yeah when I used to go to school I was happy to go back to school got my life back on a decent schedule.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know what you mean. Right now I'm up until 4:00am texting (not by my will - I just won't sleep) and up at 12:00n - 1:00pm.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, we were let out a few days earlier than that, can't remembe the specific date though. That's probably why we have to start earlier.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow you've got a few more days. :O Sorry to hear that.

Oooh you use the >.< face too! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts