Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to the whole Betta Scene. I have been checking out this forum for a while and have learned so much. This is a picture of my new office set up and new Betta. I don't know what kind he is or what to name him. Any ideas? Looking forward to learning even more and getting to know some of you.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum! ;D You have a very pretty fish there. Judging by the picture he is a male veiltail. I'm not good at identifying colouring. I'm not sure on his name, what kind of personality is he?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I originally had him in one of those 1/2 gallon decorative tanks but after reading posts here I upgraded to this 2 gallon and added a heater. He hasn't eaten since i got him 5 days ago and is not very active at all. He seems a bit better in the new tank so hopefully he will come around. Any tips on getting him to eat? I use the Betta Bites Pellets.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
He is probably just getting used to his surroundings. :) It can take some bettas 2 weeks to get settled and start eating. Are they Omega One Betta Bites? It's one of the best foods for bettas along with new life spectrum and attison's betta pro. I've heard soaking food in garlic helps getting them to eat . . . I haven't tried it myself, though.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
He already looks brighter!
Watch that hole on his top fin, if it gets bigger instead of smaller you may have to start treating it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Things didn't work out too well for my fish. I found him dead on Monday. Took him back to the pet store with a water sample and they re-inbursed me. I went this morning after finding out they got a new shipment and picked up this little guy. I didn't reallize how close he looks to the first one. Hopefully he won't have the same issues. He already seems more active, just hope he eats somehting.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Aww poor Betta :( Sometimes people never know what happened. Your new boy is definately brighter. Again, it will take up to 2 weeks for him to settle so give him time. He's pretty gorgeous though :D Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm sorry your first one died.:-( Your second one is beautiful!:) Does he have a name?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm sorry about your first fish. :( It's really hard when a pet dies isn't it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
picture update

All is well with Fish #2 (still haven't found the right name yet). Here are a couple of pictures. He is doing great, eating and is really excited when you look in the tank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.